As of late Thursday night, the following Hall County roads were closed:
- Lawson Road in the northern end of the county
- Calvary Church Road has been closed between Poplar Springs Church Road and Poplar Springs Road
- Belton Bridge Road is closed in the area of Pea Ridge Road
- Bryant Quarter Road is closed between Cain and Buffington roads
Oak Grove Circle near Squattingdown Creek will be closed until further notice because of erosion caused by Thursday's floods.
- Multiple trees reported down across the county.
- Three reported residential fires from lightning strikes, with no major damage on two of those structures.
- Charlie Thomas Rd @ Bridge
- Sandy Flats Rd from Far Winds Rd to Lumpkin County Line
- Bottoms Rd off SR17
- Lynch Mountain Rd from House# 234 to Bridge
- Roy Powers Rd near Bridge
Despite tornado warnings popping up in a number of North Georgia counties since early morning, emergency officials have reported no injuries resulting from the storms.
Rainfall totals could reach anywhere from 2 to 6 inches before the system moves out of the area Friday morning, according to the National Weather Services.
The heavy rain prompted Gilmer County and Union County Schools to close early Thursday.
Some prep basketball tournaments have been postponed because of dangerous driving conditions.