No one was injured after an accidental house fire early Monday morning in Lilburn.
Fire crews arrived at the scene in the 3200 block of Jack Russell Run SW at 1:04 a.m. to find a two-story, single-family dwelling with fire exiting the roof line.
The homeowner, who had been out of the country for several months, reported that he heard crackling from inside the wall after he had built a fire due to the cold weather and after feeling the wall was hot to the touch he immediately called 911.
He also confirmed that upon returning home from his trip the natural gas service had been disconnected and that no smoke alarms inside the house were working.
After thorough searches of the home, it was confirmed that there were no injuries reported at this incident and everyone had safely escaped.
Firefighters determined the fire to be accidental in nature with a fire originating in the fireplace as the cause.
The American Red Cross will be assisting the two adult residents and one dog during repairs to the structure.
For more safety information visit GwinnettSafety411.com