As 2015 draws to a close, we take a look back at the most clicked-on stories of the year on AccessWDUN.
Tune into the "Afternoon News Wrap with Russell Brown" at 5 p.m. today for more on the year's biggest stories. The show airs on WDUN AM550 and FM102.9. It also can be streamed online by clicking here.
1. One person shot at Georgia State Patrol post in Gainesville
June 8, 46,678 pageviews
A 21-year-old Hall County man pulled up to the Georgia State Patrol Post 6 Monday morning and fired two shots at troopers, who returned fire, hitting the man in the right shoulder, officials said at a news conference Monday.
Leighton Beaux Marchetta of 3438 Lakeland Drive in Hall County pulled into the parking lot of the Specialized Collision Reconstruction Team building at Post 6 on Cleveland Highway in a Ford F-350 pickup truck shortly before 8 a.m. today. He confronted two troopers who were in the parking lot and fired a round from a large-caliber rifle, said Sherry Lang, spokeswoman for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, which is investigating the shooting.
2. Helen votes no to Sowo
June 19, 43,170 pageviews
The Helen City Commission has voted against the city hosting SoWo in 2016. Southern Worthersee (SoWo) is a German car event that drew 23,000-25,000 people resulting in what city officials described as chaos over the weekend.
3. Union General Hospital emergency MD arrested by drug agents
April 3, 39,288 pageviews
Zell Miller Drug Task Force agents confirmed Friday an emergency medicine doctor with Union General Hospital was arrested in Fannin County earlier this week.
Dr. David Gowder was booked into the Fannin County Detention Center on Wednesday, April 1. The Fannin County Sheriff's Office on Thursday said Gowder had been arrested.
On Friday, Zell Miller DTF Commander Brandon Owens said Gowder was writing prescriptions for himself and attempting to have them filled.
4. UNG issues timely notice out of abundance of caution
Oct. 29, 38,415 pageviews
While officials say they don't believe there is an immediate threat, the University of North Georgia Department of Public Safety has posted a timely notice safety alert related to a suspicious man in Dahlonega.
The notice relates to two events this month, one in a parking lot on the Dahlonega campus, the other off campus in Lumpkin County.
UNG officials on Wednesday said that authorities don't know if the incidents are related or involve the same man.
5.Cleveland father arrested for installing barrier at scene of daughter's accident
April 12, 35,997 pageviews
A White County man who lost his daughter in a wreck west of Cleveland a month ago was arrested Sunday after taking matters into his own hands to correct a problem with the road.
White County Sheriff Neal Walden confirmed Sunday night his officers arrested Shannon Hamilton without incident on Gene Nix Road, where he was utilizing a Bobcat to construct berms with gravel at the bridge where his daughter Cecily was killed.
Hamilton was charged with interference with government property and was booked in at the White County Detention Center, Walden said. He was released on bail Sunday afternoon.
6. GSP identifies victims of fatal Stephens County wreck
May 13, 32,231 pageviews
The Georgia State Patrol has identified the victims of a fiery Tuesday morning wreck that claimed one life and left two others, including a toddler, critically injured.
According to the report, a 1999 Toyota Tacoma pickup truck driven by 21-year-old Reed Haga was traveling north on Georgia Highway 106 near Lawhouse Road. For an unknown reason, Haga's truck crossed the centerline into the southbound lane and collided head-on with a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee driven by 32-year-old Candice Huot of Toccoa.
7. Atlanta Hawks player arrested after brief Banks County chase
July 30, 30,881 pageviews
An Atlanta Hawks player faces felony drug charges after the vehicle he was riding in ran from Banks County deputies about 9 a.m. Thursday.
Hawks forward James Michael "Mike" Scott, 27, of Smyrna was the passenger in a 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe that failed to yield to officers on Interstate 85
Banks County Sheriff's Sgt. Carissa McFaddin said deputies attempted to stop the vehicle after noticing the driver following too close to other vehicles.
8. Wreck involving a school bus blocking Cleveland Highway in Hall County
Dec. 2, 28,828 pageviews
A Cleveland woman has been identified as the victim of a crash involving a Hall County school bus Tuesday afternoon.
Georgia State Patrol Sgt. Anthony Coleman said Wednesday morning that 52-year-old Sabrina Tench was the driver of a passenger vehicle that was hit by the bus on Cleveland Highway at Whitmire Road. Tench was the only person in the vehicle.
Six students that were on board the bus were transported to Northeast Georgia Medical with minor injuries, "out of an abundance of caution." All six were treated and released by Tuesday evening, according to Hall County system spokesman Gordon Higgins.
All of the students on board the bus from Wauka Mountain Elementary School.
9. Young brothers involved in fatal Wednesday night crash near Jefferson
Nov. 19, 27,836 pageviews
Two teenage brothers, both students at Jefferson High School, were killed in a two vehicle crash on US Highway 129 Wednesday night.
The Georgia State Patrol said troopers were called to the crash site at 7:07 p.m.
They said a 2006 Toyota Corolla being driven by William John Trimble, 17, of Jefferson was traveling northbound on 129 and turned left into the path of a large box truck at Old Pendergrass Road. Trimble's brother, 15-year-old Alexander Trimble, was a passenger in the car and died at the scene, acccording to investigators.
10. Two dead in Banks County double shooting
May 17, 27,550 pageviews
Two people are dead in what Banks County authorities are calling a domestic dispute.
The reported double shooting on Georgia Highway 198, Baldwin, was dispatched just before 1:30 p.m.
11. Driver charged in serious injury crash near Lula (Read the full story.)
April 26, 27,482 pageviews
12. Lake Russell in Mt. Airy closed to swimmers because of unhealthy bacteria (Read the full story.)
May 27, 26,559 pageviews
13. Rollover wreck closed Thompson Bridge Road Saturday morning (Read the full story.)
Dec. 5, 26,271 pageviews
14. GSP: Active manhunt for fugitive underway in Lula (Read the full story.)
July 19, 25,506 pageviews
15. Guardrails will be installed within two weeks at White County bridge (Read the full story.)
16. Family outing ends in tragedy on Yonah (Read the full story.)
May 10, 24,023 pageviews
17. Woman struck by vehicle on Highway 115 West in Cleveland (Read the full story.)
Nov. 9, 23,483 pageviews
18. Two reported dead in Dawson County shooting incident (Read the full story.)
July 8, 23,175 pageviews
19. Teens, woman charged in Banks County molestation case (Read the full story.)
Sept. 1, 22,858 pageviews
20. Authorities search for missing child in Lumpkin County (Read the full story.)
April 15, 21,656 pageviews
21. Five hurt in five-vehicle White County crash (Read the full story.)
Aug. 12, 21,614 pageviews
22. Three drug busts yield six arrests, 238K worth of drugs (Read the full story.)
July 23, 21,233 pageviews
23. Commerce man jailed on Hall County molestation charge (Read the full story.)
July 9, 21,108 pageviews
24. One killed in Banks County wreck (Read the full story.)
July 10, 20,714 pageviews
25. Junior from EHHS identified as victim in Wednesday morning crash (Read the full story.)
Sept.9, 20,671 pageviews