fair.png
Tuesday May 18th, 2021 9:21AM

Man hospitalized, released after Tuesday fire at North Forsyth County home

By Alyson Shields Reporter

A Forsyth County man has been released from the hospital after a fire at his home late Tuesday night.

Fire Division Chief Jason Shivers said the 78 year old man had some mobility issues and struggled to get out of the North Forsyth County home.

"It was a very small fire that occurred in his bedroom, confined to his bed and mattress," said Shivers. "He of course dialed 911 and we were able to make a very quick response to his home and get him out."

Shivers said when they arrived at the Browns Bridge Road home, near the Gainesville line, a sheriff's deputy was already on scene and trying to access the man, who was in his living room, but the smoke was too thick.

"He only suffered some minor injuries, fortunately," said Shivers. "Smoke inhalation and he did get transported to Northeast Georgia Medical Center in Gainesville."

Shivers said they determined the fire was accidental, but would not confirm exactly how the fire started. It is still under investigation. The home suffered minor smoke damage, but Shivers described it as repairable.

The fire was contained to the bed and mattress, and Shivers said the man should be able to return soon. He is currently staying with family.

 

  • Associated Categories: Homepage, Local/State News
  • Associated Tags: fire, Forsyth County, Forsyth County Fire Department
© Copyright 2021 AccessWDUN.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.