An undercover alcohol purchasing operation in Forsyth County resulted in zero violations, something deputies said was a first for the county since 2013.
On Aug. 10, Forsyth County Sheriff's Deputies visited 13 businesses that serve alcohol to make sure they weren't furnishing alcohol to people under the age of 21, according to a press release issued Wednesday afternoon.
None of them did, which deputies said had never happened in the past four years.
"After each attempt and subsequent refusal, our deputies met with the clerk and store manager. We explained the operation and expressed our gratitude for their commitment in keeping alcohol out of the hands of underage drinkers," said Deputy Doug Rainwater, Sheriff's Office spokesman.
The businesses are listed below, in alphabetical order:
- Circle M Food Shop 38 (BP), 5430 Bannister Road
- Citgo, 2860 Old Atlanta Road
- Cork & Barrel, 5525 Bannister Road
- Ducktown Food Market, 4636 Canton Highway
- HH Foods, 3671 Hutchinson Road
- Leon’s, 5410 Matt Highway
- Mobile Quick Stop, 3715 Brown's Bridge Road
- RaceTrac, 510 Peachtree Parkway
- Shell Station, 2320 Canton Highway
- Shell Station, 1520 Peachtree Parkway
- Sunoco, 3845 Brown's Bridge Road
- Super A Foods, 1310 Canton Highway
- West Forsyth Fuel & Shine, 4664 Canton Highway