Tuesday May 28th, 2024 4:16AM

Dog rescued from Hall County house fire

By Steve Winslow Anchor/Reporter

The cause for a Friday morning fire in Hall County that required the rescue of a beloved family pet is being deemed accidental in nature.

Firefighters saved a dog from a residential fire at approximately 8:15 a.m. Friday at a home along the 3700 block of Arrowhead Place.

Hall County Fire Rescue spokeswoman Kimberly Ledsinger says a caller alerted 911 when she spotted smoke coming from the roof of a neighbor’s home.

Upon arrival, crews found a small fire contained in an upstairs bedroom.

The small fire was extinguished quickly, but managed to produce a large amount of smoke that filled the home.

When a primary and secondary search were conducted, one small dog was found and saved from inhaling more smoke.

The dog was given oxygen and wrapped in a blanket as the residents were not home at the time of the fire but were notified immediately.

Due to the 911 caller’s reporting and HCFR’s quick response to the scene, the dog is expected to fully recover. 

  • Associated Categories: Homepage, Local/State News
  • Associated Tags: fire, hall county, fire department, house fire, dog rescue
© Copyright 2024 AccessWDUN.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.