Sunday December 10th, 2023 9:20AM

Cooking fire at Edgewater Apartment Complex

The Gainesville Fire Department responded to a call at Edgewater Apartment Complex at 2419 Old Thompson Bridge Road on March 11. 
Upon arrival, fire personnel heard smoke detectors and smelled smoke coming out of the “N” complex building. They forced the door open and found one unconscious woman on the floor. 
The woman was uninjured but was exposed to smoke. She was transported to Northeast Georgia Medical Center for further evaluation
The fire was limited to the stove top, which was secured by fire personnel. It was turned over to apartment maintenance staff.
The Gainesville Fire Department reminds everyone to check their smoke detector batteries each month and to change their smoke detector batteries during the annual time change periods. 
“It is very coincidental that this weekend is the daylight savings time change,” the Gainesville Fire Department said in a press release. “So, please change your smoke detector batteries this weekend. This will help to ensure your smoke detector batteries are working when they are needed.”
  • Associated Categories: Homepage, Local/State News
  • Associated Tags: Gainesville Fire Department, cooking fire, edgewater apartment complex
© Copyright 2023
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.