Peach State Federal Credit Union in Lawrenceville has donated $25,000 to local food banks to assist with the increased need brought on due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
The credit union has been making quarterly donations to food banks in their service area in North Georgia and southwestern South Carolina since 2014.
"We understand that hunger doesn’t just happen during the holidays, and that’s why we began this initiative,” said Peach State’s President/CEO Marshall Boutwell in a press statement. Non-perishable food items are collected in all branch locations including the corporate office year-round and donated quarterly.
“As more and more people find themselves unemployed during these uncertain times, the issue of food insecurity becomes of greater importance. That’s why we’re making these additional contributions directly to the organizations who support people in need in our communities,” said Boutwell.
The credit union serves more than 60,000 members in Georgia and South Carolina and contributions have been made regionally to benefit as many members as possible. Each of the following organizations received $2,500 to provide food and essential supplies to those in need.
- Area Churches Together Serving – Bogart, Georgia
- Chattooga County Community Services – Summerville, Georgia
- Food Bank of Greenwood County – Greenwood, South Carolina
- Golden Harvest Food Bank – Augusta, Georgia
- Lawrenceville Cooperative Ministries – Lawrenceville, Georgia
- Lilburn Cooperative Ministries – Lilburn, Georgia
- Nigel’s Nest Food Pantry at University of North Georgia – Watkinsville, Georgia
- Towns County Food Pantry – Young Harris, Georgia
The credit union also made a $5,000 contribution to Nothing But the Truth in Lawrenceville, Georgia. This organization supports students and their families through their ministry center and their weekend food bags for children who participate in the free/reduced lunch program at their schools.
About Peach State Federal Credit Union
Peach State is a $547 million credit union that serves more than 60,000 members in Georgia and South Carolina. Operating as a not-for-profit financial cooperative, Peach State’s mission is to provide quality financial services that meet the needs and exceed the expectations of its member-owners.