The Greater Hall Chamber of Commerce held its third annual Healthy Hall award luncheon on Tuesday and recognized nominees for their efforts in local healthcare and the community.
This year's event included awards in 15 different categories, with nominees that included more than 40 individuals, businesses and organizations.
Governor Nathan Deal opened the ceremony as the keynote speaker and spoke of the relationship between healthcare and the government, as well as the importance of healthcare in higher education.
This year's categories and winners included:
- Outstanding Allied Health Professional- Stephanie Brown, MLS (ASCP), Longstreet Clinic
- Outstanding Healthcare Professional- Heather Burke-Cody, FNP-C, Longstreet Clinic
- Outstanding Healthcare Administrator- Dr. John Delzell, Northeast Georgia Health System
- Community Impact- Georgia Mountain Food Bank
- Senior Impact- Lifeline of Northeast Georgia Medical Center
- Corporate Innovation- Information Technology at Northeast Georgia Health System
- Healthcare Education- Cheryl Williams, RN, Longstreet Clinic
- Outstanding Achievement in Behavioral Health- Reach Out Campaign
- Nurse of the Year (LPN)- Abby Odle, LPN, Northeast Georgia Medical Center Gainesville
- Nurse of the Year (RN)- Victoria Thompson, RN, Northeast Georgia Diagnostic Clinic/Northside Cancer Institute
- Dentist of the Year- Richard Bennett, DMD, BGW Dental Group
- Physician Specialist of the Year- Dr. Betsy Grunch, FACS, FAANS, Longstreet Clinic
- Primary Care Physician of the Year- Dr. Brent Archer, Northeast Georgia Diagnostic Clinic
- Visionary Leader- Chief Jay Parrish, Gainesville Police Department
- Lifetime Achievement Award- Dr. Buddy Langston, Retired, Northeast Georgia Health System & Longstreet Clinic