TAQUERIA LAS PALMAS #2
1276 INDUSTRIAL BLVD STE 1B
Inspected by: Liz Clifford
Inspection Date: 11/14/2022
Observed sanitizer in 3-compartment sink with chlorine concentration of 0ppm. Chlorine sanitizer must have a concentration of at least 50ppm chlorine.
COS-Chlorine sanitizer was added to concentration 50-100ppm Cl. Corrected On-Site. New Violation.
6-1A Violation of Code: [511-6-1.04(6)(f)] Observed the following TCS foods in the prep cooler at 55F, whole fish, soup, cooked shrimp, raw mussels on the half shell, shredded lettuce.
COS- Management voluntarily discarded foods.
511-6-1.04(6)(f) - Time/Temperature Control for Safety; Cold Holding (P)
(f) Time/Temperature Control for Safety Food, Hot and Cold Holding. Except during preparation, cooking, or cooling, or when time is used as the public health control, time/temperature control for safety food shall be maintained at 41°F (5°C) or below Corrected On-Site. New Violation.
12A Violation of Code: [511-6-1.04(4)(q)] Observed foods prepared at the counter, barbacoa. Install sneeze guard to prevent food contamination.
511-6-1.04(4)(u) - Food Display (P)
(u) Food Display.
1. Except for nuts in the shell and whole, raw fruits and vegetables that are intended for hulling, peeling, or washing by the consumer before consumption, food on display shall be protected from contamination by the use of packaging; counter, service line, or salad bar food guards, display cases, or other effective means. P
2. Protective devices for counters, serving lines, salad bars and other similar food displays in food service establishments shall be designed and constructed so as to intercept contaminants which may be expelled from the customer's mouth or nose.
3. All food, whether on display, being prepared for service or placed for consumer self-service must be protected from contamination from consumers standing or sitting within eight feet of the food, except that table side finishing as approved by the Health Authority and hibachi grills will be allowed when food preparation is for immediate service.
Observed foods and cooking equipment (pots) stored on the floor.
511-6-1.04(4)(q) - Food Storage (C)
(q) Food Storage.
1. Except as specified in paragraphs 2 and 3 of this subsection, food shall be protected from contamination by storing the food:
(i) In a clean, dry location;
(ii) Where it is not exposed to splash, dust, or other contamination; and
(iii) At least 6 inches (15 cm) above the floor.
2. Food in packages and working containers may be stored less than 6 inches (15 cm) above the floor on case lot handling equipment if the equipment can be moved by hand or by conveniently available apparatuses such as hand trucks and forklifts.
3. Pressurized beverage containers, cased food in waterproof containers such as bottles or cans, and milk containers in plastic crates may be stored on a floor that is clean and not exposed to floor moisture. New Violation.
16B Violation of Code: [511-6-1.06(2)(a)] Observed all sink in the kitchen with direct connect, no air gaps and an opening in the pipes before the grease trap. Service system and provide air gap. New Violation.
17C Observed prep sink is missing a leg, replace/repair sink. New Violation.
Back to Food Inspections