Starting May 1, the Army Corps of Engineers will open campgrounds and day-use areas at Hartwell Dam and Lake for the 2019 recreation season.
In a press statement issued Tuesday, April 23, the Corps provided a list of areas that will open next Wednesday:
- Coneross Campground, Oconee County, South Carolina
- Georgia River Campground, Hart County, Georgia
- Oconee Point Campground, Oconee County, South Carolina
- Payne’s Creek Campground, Hart County, Georgia
- Elrod Ferry Day-Use Area, Hart County, Georgia
- Friendship Day-Use Area, Oconee County, South Carolina
- Poplar Springs Day-Use Area, Franklin County, Georgia
- River Forks Day-Use Area, Anderson County, South Carolina
- Twin Lakes Day-Use Area, Pickens County, South Carolina
- Weldon Island Day Use Area, Anderson County, South Carolina
Corps officials said visitors can make reservations for campsites and picnic shelters located within day-use areas by calling Recreation One Stop toll-free at 877-444-6777 or online at www.Recreation.gov.
For more information regarding camping or day use areas at Hartwell Lake, please contact the Hartwell Project Office at 888-893-0678.