Nineteen people were arrested and over a pound of illegal drugs were recovered in a multi-agency warrant sweep in Jackson County this week.
A social media post by the Jackson County Sheriff's Office Thursday afternoon said the sweep was done Wednesday with agencies including the Banks County Sheriff's Office, the Braselton Police Department and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation aiding in the arrests.
Jackson County Sheriff's Office officials said, in total, more than 500 grams of narcotics were seized during the sweep.
"That’s 500 grams of narcotics that will not make it to the streets," Thursday's post said.
Most of the arrests were for probation violations or failure to appear for prior arrests. The arrests for new charges are listed below:
- Joyce Allison, age 49 of Commerce - Trafficking drugs
- Justin Bo Thomas Fields, age 34 of Commerce - Violation of Georgia Controlled Substance Act, obstruction, aggravated assault
- Jody Randall Fields, age 50 of Commerce - Violation of the Georgia Controlled Substance Act, trafficking drugs
- Brently Griffith, age 22 of Commerce - Obstruction
- Jason Ray Hill, age 51 of Commerce - Violation of Georgia Controlled Substance Act, trafficking drugs
- Jimmy Dwight Love, age 62 of Pendergrass - Trafficking drugs
- Heather Leigh Wilson, age 34 of Nicholson - Battery