Tuesday May 28th, 2024 2:45AM

Bathroom fire in Habersham County cabin deemed accidental

By Steve Winslow Anchor/Reporter

Major issues were avoided by quick response times from Habersham County Fire officials following a small fire within a dorm-style cabin outside Clarkesville.

Habersham Fire Batalion Chief Dwight McNally says Saturday night's bathroom fire at a cabin on Christian Camp Lane near Georgia 17 appears accidental in nature.

The fire was found in a trash basket in the bathroom, and minor damage from the fire was contained to the single room, according to McNally.

No injuries were reported.  Campers from that cabin were transferred to another cabin on the grounds within the group that was occupying the grounds, according to a release from Habersham County spokesman Rob Moore.

  • Associated Categories: Homepage, Local/State News
  • Associated Tags: fire, accident, Habersham County, fire department, Georgia 17, cabin
© Copyright 2024 AccessWDUN.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.