Northeast Georgia's District 2 Public Health has announced they will begin offering booster doses of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for select individuals following a recommendation by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
According to a press release from District 2, the Pfizer booster dose is available to those who received their second Pfizer vaccine at least six months ago. Individuals must also fall into one of the following groups to receive the booster dose:
- 65 years and older
- Residents of long-term care facilities
- 18 and older with underlying medical conditions that put a person at high-risk
- 18 and older who have an occupational or institutional exposure risk
The booster dose will only be given to those who received the Pfizer vaccine at the time of their original vaccination. The Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines have not been approved for booster doses. However, both are expected to submit data to the FDA in support of booster doses in the coming weeks.
District 2 will re-open mass vaccination sites in most of its 13 county district on Monday, Sept. 27. These vaccination sites will offer all doses of the Pfizer vaccine, including the booster dose, as well as the first and second doses of the Moderna vaccine and the single-dose J&J vaccine.
All sites will be vaccinating every other Saturday, while the Hall and Forsyth County locations will be vaccinating every Saturday beginning Oct. 3. A full list of locations is available below:
- Banks County - City of Homer Fire Department – 243 Sycamore St., Homer, GA 30547. Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Tuesday 9:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m.
- Dawson County – Fire Station #2 – 8388 Hwy 53, Dawsonville, GA 30534. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Franklin County – Franklin Co. Recreation Department – 557 Rocky Ford Rd., Carnesville, GA, 30531. Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Forsyth County – Northside Forsyth Hospital – 1800 Northside Forsyth Dr. suite 360, Cumming, GA 30041. Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday - 8:30 am to 12:00 pm (at the Forsyth Co. Health Department, starts Oct. 2)
- Habersham County – Cornelia First Presbyterian – 469 N. Main St. Cornelia GA, 30531. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Hall County – Chicopee Woods Agricultural Center – 1855 Calvary Church Rd., Gainesville, GA 30507. Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday - 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (Starts on Oct. 2).
- Hart County – Flat Shoals Baptist Church – 2999 Bowersville Hwy, Bowersville, GA 30516. Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Tuesday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Towns County – Towns County Recreations Department – 150 Foster Park Rd. Hiawassee, GA 30512. Monday and Wednesday 1:00 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. and Tuesday 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- White County – The Bridge Church – 607 Hulsey Rd. Cleveland, GA 30528.
Monday 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and Tuesday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Lumpkin, Rabun and Union counties will continue to offer COVID vaccines at their respective health departments until demand requires a move to a larger location.
Appointments are not required to receive a vaccine at any of the above District 2 locations, however, those wishing to do so can make an appointment on the District 2 website. Locations and hours are subject to change, therefore, reference the District 2 website for more information.