With freezing temperatures expected Monday night, Gwinnett County plans to open five warming stations across the county for residents who need a place to get out of the cold.
Beginning this week, the warming stations will be available from 6 p.m. until 7 a.m. Residents who visit the sites can warm up, eat a meal and get some rest.
The county will outline the availability of the warming stations each day at GwinnettCounty.com.
The warming station locations are:
- Best Friend Park Gym, 6224 Jimmy Carter Boulevard, Norcross (Bus route 35, stop 407 and 906)
- Buford Senior Center, 2755 Sawnee Avenue, Buford (Bus route 101 I-985, stop 19)
- Centerville Senior Center, 3075 Bethany Church Road, Snellville
- Lawrenceville Senior Center, 225 Benson Street, Lawrenceville (Bus route 40, stop 836 and 337)
- Snorty Howell Park Activity Building, 2750 Pleasant Hill Road, Duluth
To get more information on warming stations or to volunteer, call 770-822-8850
To learn about other community services offered by Gwinnett County, visit GwinnettOneStop.com.