Appointments for the COVID-19 vaccine are now available to those who qualify. Anyone who is a healthcare worker, a resident of a long-term care facility, a first responder or who is 65 years of age or older may now make an appointment to receive their vaccine through the local Department of Public Health (DPH).
Appointments can be made by visiting phdistrict2.org, or beginning January 11 a call center will be available to those who do not have access to online registration.
Due to the public's elevated interest in getting the vaccine, the District 2 DPH asks everyone to be patient as they try to meet the demand.
On Wednesday, the District 2 DPH released a list of guidelines they are asking everyone to follow, in order that they might provide the vaccine in a safe environment.
The guidelines are as follows:
- Vaccines are for residents who live or work in the counties that comprise District 2. That includes the following 13 counties: Banks, Dawson, Forsyth, Franklin, Habersham, Hall, Habersham, Lumpkin, Rabun, Stephens, Towns, Union and White.
- Vaccines will be given by appointment ONLY – Walk-ins will not be accepted
- We will limit the number of people in enclosed spaces by observing recommended social distances to prevent the spread of illness
- Come to your appointment as close to the allotted time as possible to reduce the number of people in the waiting area (you may be asked to wait outside or in your car if you are too early)
- If you have insurance, please bring your card. Insurance will help pay to offset the cost for administering the vaccine.
- There will be no cost to anyone to get vaccinated.
- You should plan to remain for post-vaccination observation for up to 30-minutes.
- Prior to vaccination, review of product-specific safety information and consent will be required.
- Both Moderna and Pfizer vaccine require two-doses – appointments are required for both doses.
- Please understand you will receive the vaccine that is available (Pfizer or Moderna).
For any further information, visit their website, phdistrict2.org.