Motorists who travel the area of Dawson Forest Road and State Route 9 in Dawson County will notice a traffic shift as construction continues on the dual roundabouts in the area.
The Georgia Department of Transportation put the 50-foot shift in place Tuesday.
GDOT officials said in a media statement that upcoming work will close sections of the two roads at the intersection. No work will be permitted during the Labor day Holiday weekend as construction-related lane closures will be suspended. However, the following three weekends, work will close single legs of the new T-intersection.
The weekend of September 12 State Route 9 (east):
- The south leg of State Route 9 will be closed and traffic detoured.
- The detour route will use State Route 400, State Route 369 and State Route 9.
The weekend of September 19 Dawson Forest Road (east):
- The east leg of Dawson Forrest Road will be closed and detoured.
- The detour route will use State Route 400, State Route 53 and State Route 9
The weekend of September 26 State Route 9 (north):
- The north leg of State Route 9 traffic will be detoured.
- The detour route will use State Route 9, State Route 53 and State Route 400
These closures will begin on Friday evenings at 9 p.m. and open back to traffic 6 a.m. Monday mornings.