As COVD-19 cases rise across the region, officials with Habersham EMC have decided to implement some additional precautions to stem the spread of the virus in the company's service area.
"The health and safety of our employees and members is a priority for us," said Bryan Ferguson, HEMC President and CEO, in a recent press statement. “We have continued to evaluate the COVID-19 situation in our area throughout the year. As the number of positive cases has grown, it is necessary to take additional steps to ensure we are able to provide reliable service to our members.”
Habersham EMC has now closed all lobbies to walk-in traffic. Personnel who work in those areas will be working remotely. Officials are hoping the move will protect employees by keeping them apart and out of a central area.
The following services are still available to members:
- The Clarkesville drive-thru will remain open from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday – Friday; with the exception of holiday closings on December 24 and 25, 2020 and January 1, 2021.
- Member Service Representatives will continue taking calls and handling email inquiries – only they may be working from home rather than at the office.
- A minimal number of personnel will still report to the office to handle some on-site duties while complying with the social distancing guidelines.
- Crews will continue to work on construction, right-of-way and maintenance projects.
- Personnel will be available to respond to any outages and hazards.
- Trailwave Fiber installations will continue with proper PPE.
The new guidelines will remain in effect until further notice.