HAMPTON, Ga. - Mother Nature threw just about everything she had at the Atlanta Motor Speedway Legends program on Saturday, but while it forced the postponement of the scheduled Bandolero features, it didn’t stop the Legends drivers from racing.
On a slick and challenging Thunder Ring, Connor Younginer’s delicate use of the throttle propelled him to the victory in the Semi-Pro feature. Younginer was followed by Graham Campell in second and John Harrison in third.
Timothy Watson led the way in the combined Pro and Masters feature. Bill Plemons, Jr. was the highest finishing Master division competitor.
In the Young Lions feature Michael Gannon topped Nathan Jackson to take the feature win.
The postponed Outlaws, Bandits, and Rookie Bandolero feature races will be rescheduled as double features for a future Furious Five event.
The AMS Legends are back in action for race two of the Furious Five slate of races on February 8. For more information, visit AtlantaMotorSpeedway.com.
Atlanta Motor Speedway – Hampton, GA
Furious Five Race 1 – January 11, 2020
1. Michael Gannon – Canton, GA
2. Nathan Jackson – McDonough, GA
3. Mason Maggio – Palm Beach Gardens, FL
4. Matthew Kade – Hampton, GA
1. Connor Younginer – Stockbridge, GA
2. Graham Campbell – Braselton, GA
3. John Harrison – Nicholson, GA
4. Kenny Brady – Marietta, GA
5. Steven Partin – Peebles, OH
6. Max Brady – Marietta, GA
7. Nick Woodall – Canton, GA
8. Trey Tadrzak – Stockbridge, GA
9. Trent Barfield – Hamilton, GA
10. Jonathan Taylor – Roswell, GA
11. Zac Bacon – Buchanan, GA
1. Timothy Watson – Panama City, FL
2. Cody Hall – Griffin, GA
3. Corey North – Hampton, GA
4. Christopher Almon, Sr. – Moreland, GA
1. Bill Plemons, Jr. – Locust Grove, GA
2. Ronnie Wehunt – Canton, GA
3. Phillip Young – Dallas, GA
4. Russell Shore – Jefferson, GA