Gainesville police continue their search for a Braselton man who ran from a traffic stop on Thompson Bridge Road near Christopher Drive this past weekend.
Cpl. Jessica Van said in a Thursday morning press statement the suspect, identified as Khalil Washington, 26, was stopped Saturday around 2:30 p.m. for violating the Georgia Hands Free Law, but he's now wanted on a long list of felony charges, most of them drug-related.
"Officers recognized an odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle and conducted a vehicle search," Van said. "During the search, Washington struck one officer and fled on foot. The officer reportedly had damaged equipment but did not receive any major injuries."
Van said a complete search of Washington's vehicle uncovered a large amount of illegal drugs including one pound of marijuana, 88 bars of Xanax and 76 bottles of THC oil.
"In addition, edible THC candy products, scales and packaging materials were located in the vehicle," Van said.
Van said Washington is wanted on a list of charges including:
- Felony Obstruction
- Felony Possession of Marijuana
- Possession of Marijuana with Intent to Distribute
- Possession of Alprazolam
- Possession of Alprazolam with Intent to Distribute
- Possession of THC Oil with Intent to Distribute
- Possession of Amphetamines
- Possession of Drug-related Objects
- Interference with Government Property
- Georgia Hands Free Violation
Van said if anyone has information on Washington’s whereabouts, they should contact Hall County Dispatch at 770-534-5251.