A Hall County high school student is among 20 winners of $5,0000 scholarships from the Sawnee Electric Membership Foundation. The scholarships were awarded students who live in the Sawnee EMC service area.
“The Youth Scholarship Program is a shining example of what the Foundation and Sawnee EMC are all about; which is their commitment to being a partner and supporter in the various communities Sawnee EMC serves,” said Blake House, Vice President of Sawnee EMC’s Member Services.
This year's recipients are:
• Katelyn Aquino West Forsyth High School
• Jake Bischoff Chattahoochee High School
• Sarah Cooksey Dawson County High School
• Gabriel Fulbright Forsyth Central High School
• Medha Guduru South Forysth High School
• Thomas Hughes Forsyth Central High School
• Natalie Kandul Lambert High School
• Eric Kraitman West Forsyth High School
• Geneve Lauby Lambert High School
• Bennett Mathis Forsyth Central High School
• Camryn McCran Fideles Christian High School
• Brent Miller Alpharetta High School
• Maanas Purushothapu Chattahoochee High School
• Elifelet Sanchez-Espinosa Chestatee High School
• Katie Sardonia Creekview High School
• Melanie Smith West Forsyth High School
• Haley Tidd Haley’s Home School
• Jackson Trammell Dawson County High School
• Aimee Unger North Forsyth High School
• AnnaBelle Wallace North Forsyth High School
The funding for the scholarship program is derived from approved uses under Georgia law for Sawnee EMC’s unclaimed patronage capital funds, which are separate and apart from the funds that Sawnee members voluntarily donate to the Foundation for distribution to local charitable organizations.
Questions about this program or the Sawnee Foundation can be found online at www.sawnee.com/round_up or directed to Mrs. Cindy Badgett, Director of External Affairs for Sawnee EMC at 678-455-1399 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.