Repairs are being made to a damaged gas line that prompted a brief closure of part of the University of North Georgia campus in Dahlonega Thursday afternoon.
UNG officials said in an email statement the line was damaged around 5 p.m. by a crew doing construction work on the back of Gaillard Hall, a residence hall on campus. Since there was a resulting gas leak, the area was cordoned off, but there was no evacuation because no students were on campus. Faculty and staff were alerted to avoid the area.
Atlanta Gas Light was called to the scene and the "all clear" was given just after 6 p.m.