Habitat for Humanity of Hall County is preparing to build another new home in the Copper Glen subdivision off Baker Road, and the agency is in the process of qualifying potential homeowners.
The first step in the process is attending a mandatory orientation session, scheduled for next month. Follow this link to sign up.
Habitat for Humanity requires the following qualifications for home ownership:
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Live or work in Hall County for at least 2 years
- Demonstrate the need for better housing (unsafe area, sub-standard conditions, over-crowded, gov. housing, cost burdened)
- Meet income requirements (see below)
- Ability to pay a monthly mortgage
- Willingness to attend home education classes
- Willingness to volunteer time for required sweat equity hours
- Ability to pay a $1500 down payment on closing costs
For more information on home ownership through Habitat for Humanity of Hall County, follow this link.