Investigators didn't find any human trafficking during an undercover sting operation of local "massage parlors" but they did arrest seven people in connection to prostitution activity.
"We acted on information we received both from law enforcement sources and also several complaints from the general public," said Hall County Multi Agency Narcotics Squad Lt. Don Scalia. "Beginning around April 20, we did some undercover work at every massage parlor we could locate."
Five establishments were caught in the sting. Two other establishments were checked and found to be legitimate at the time of investigation.
Those facing charges are as follows:
- Myung Hee Lim, Keeping a place of prostitution
- Soo Jin Chang, Prostitution
- See Yeon Crum, Keeping a place of prostitution, masturbation for hire
- Uni Chong Bell, Keeping a place of prostitution, masturbation for hire
- Zhao Dongming, Keeping a place of prostitution, masturbation for hire
- Shun Zi Li, Masturbation for hire, massage without a license
- Ju Hyun Lee, Keeping a place of prostitution, masturbation for hire
Businesses in question were located in the 3000 block of McEver Road, 1800 block and 1700 block of Atlanta Highway, 1300 block of Dawsonville Highway and 200 block of John Morrow Parkway. Scalia said the location names are not currently released because the investigation is ongoing.
As for customers involved, Scalia said they were targeting customers as well but noticed a pattern. "At the times we went in there were no customers there and it seemed to be a situation where they wouldn't take on that many clientele at one time," Scalia said. "A lot of times when I would send one of my undercover officers in, they would lock and secure the door behind them and just service that one customer at a time."
The next step is revoking the business licenses, Scalia said.