Casey Roberts took the lead on lap 23 of Friday night’s Schaeffer’s Oil Southern Nationals Bonus Series feature at Tri-County Race Track in Brasstown, North Carolina, and went on to take the victory.
It marked the fourth career victory for the Toccoa, Georgia speedster in the annual FK Rod Ends Tarheel 50 presented by Jacky Jones Automotive Group at the 1/4-Mile clay speedway, and his third career series victory.
Roberts bypassed fellow Georgian Dale McDowell to take the lead near the halfway point, and went on to hold off Ross Bailes to score the win.
Michael Brown finished in third, with Kenny Collins in fourth and Scott Bloomquist in fifth.
Brent Dixon, Chicky Barton, Johnny Chastain, Blake Spencer and Jeff Neubert rounded out the top ten.
Up next for the Schaeffer’s Oil Southern Nationals Bonus Series is a trip to Lake Cumberland Speedway in Burnside, Kentucky on October 5-6. For more information, visit SouthernNationalsSeries.com.
Schaeffer’s Oil Southern Nationals Bonus Series
Tri-County Race Track – Brasstown, NC
Tarheel 50 – September 28, 2018
1. Casey Roberts – Toccoa, GA
2. Ross Bailes – Clover, SC
3. Michael Brown – Pageland, SC
4. Kenny Collins – Colbert, GA
5. Scott Bloomquist – Mooresburg, TN
6. Brent Dixon – Elberton, GA
7. Chicky Barton – Middlesboro, KY
8. Johnny Chastain – Murphy, NC
9. Blake Spencer – St. Augustine, FL
10. Jeff Neubert – Rockford, TN
11. Levi Hicks – Murphy, NC
12. Johnny Cloer Jr. – Chatsworth, GA
13. David Payne – Murphy, NC
14. Dale McDowell – Chickamauga, GA
15. Kip Cochran – Franklin, NC
16. Brandon Overton – Evans, GA
17. Joey Standridge – Tellico Plains, TN
18. Bo Eaton – Blue Ridge, GA
19. Kurt English – Murphy, NC
DNS: Jamie Oliver – Murphy, NC