While the Forsyth County Commission discusses plans for a possible eighth SPLOST referendum in the county next fall, commissioners are already taking comment from the public.
Community input meetings in each commission district started this week and will run into early March.
"This is an opportunity for the community to voice their opinions on how they would like to see the proposed SPLOST VIII sales tax dollars allocated," County Manager Eric Johnson stated in a media release. "Whether that is done at one of the scheduled public input meetings or online, residents can have a say on how much of the potential funding they would want to go toward transportation, public safety, parks, or other categories."
The ten in-person sessions break down to two for each of the five commissioners, one during the day and one at night. No formal presentations are scheduled, and residents can attend any of the meetings, according to the release.
The county has also set up a survey option on its webpage
for people unable to attend a meeting.
2018 Forsyth County SPLOST public input meetings
District 1 Wednesday, January 24, 10 a.m. - noon
- Cumming Public Library, 585 Dahlonega Street, Cumming
District 2 Tuesday, January 30, 10 a.m. - noon
- Old Atlanta Park Recreation Center, 810 Nichols Road, Suwanee
District 4 Wednesday, January 31, 10 a.m. - noon
- Coal Mountain Park Community Building, 3560 Settingdown Road, Cumming
District 5 Wednesday, February 7, 10 a.m. - noon
- Windermere Lodge, 4444 Front Nine Drive, Cumming
District 4 Thursday, February 8, 6 - 8 p.m.
- Hampton Park Library, 5345 Settingdown Road, Cumming
District 1 Tuesday, February 13, 6 - 8 p.m.
- Central Park Recreation Center banquet room, 2300 Keith Bridge Road, Cumming
District 2 Thursday, February 22, 6 - 8 p.m.
- Forsyth Conference Center at Lanier Technical College, 3410 Ronald Regan Boulevard, Cumming
District 3 Tuesday, February 27, 10 a.m. - noon
- Post Road Library, 5010 Post Road, Cumming
District 5 Wednesday, February 28, 6 - 8 p.m.
- County Administration Building lobby, 110 E. Main Street, Cumming
District 3 Thursday, March 8, 6 - 8 p.m.
- Fowler Park Recreation Center gym, 4110 Carolene Way, Cumming
Source: Forsyth County government