- The installation of new Computer Automated Dispatch (CAD) software at the county 911 Center, making for faster response times to emergency calls
- The opening of the first welding shop for inmates at the Hall County Correctional Institute
- The Hall County Government Center becoming a venue for local artists
- The addition of an online "citizen comment card" to the county website, making public comment easier
- The creation of a film ordinance to not only facilitate the film-production process in the county, but also protect citizens' quality of life during the process
Higgins also looked ahead at projects he and the Board of Commissioners will work on in 2018, even as the county celebrates its bicentennial.
The Hall County Courthouse Annex in downtown Gainesville is under renovation and upgrades should be in place by spring, according to information Higgins shared. He said one of the larger projects that should be okayed by mid-year is a new Automated Material Recovery Facility (MRF), which will allow the county the ability to handle increased recycling materials being brought to local compactor sites.
Among the long-range plans on the commission's drawing board:
- Hall County Strategic Plan
- Updated Parks Master Plan
- Capital Funding Plan