Gainesville officials say a reported gas leak in the Candler Highway area was not a commercial gas line leak, and that the reported odor came from a commercial business in the area.
Nearby businesses reported the leak Monday, with several employees being taken to the hospital as a precaution, Gainesville Fire Department Division Chief Keith Smith said at the time.
On Wednesday afternoon Gainesville Police said in a social media post that the incident was resolved.
"As always, we and Liberty Utilities encourage the public to make contact anytime there is concern or questions, especially any that relate to safety," officials wrote.
"This is a prime example of public/private partnerships working together to ensure the safety of our great community."