OAKWOOD - Unattended cooking grease is blamed for for a fire that damaged the kitchen of a home in west Hall County Wednesday afternoon.
Interim Fire Chief David Kimbrell says the fire started around 2:00 at 3011 Buice Lane. He says the woman who lives in the home left grease on the stove to tend to her baby, and when she returned a fire had spread.
"It extended up into the cabinets," Kimbrell said. "And across the ceiling of the kitchen."
No one was injured.
"The lady at home was able to get herself the her child out of the home," He added.
Kimbrell says the damage is estimated at $5,000.