BIRMINGHAM, AL - Attorneys for Eric Rudolph said Monday they will not ask a judge to set bond for the alleged serial bomber.
Defense lawyers Richard Jaffe and Bill Bowen said they would waive a hearing that had been set for Tuesday to determine whether the government can continue holding Rudolph. He's awaiting trial in the fatal bombing of a Birmingham abortion clinic in January 1998.
The 36-year-old North Carolina man has pleaded innocent to the charges.
Rudolph also is accused in the deadly Olympic park bombing in 1996 and a pair of bombings in Atlanta in 1997.
Bond was considered unlikely for Rudolph, who was arrested May 31st in Murphy, North Carolina after five years on the run.
Federal prosecutors had no immediate comment.
Rudolph is being held in the Jefferson County Jail under 24-hour video surveillance.