Georgia man says he was molested by New Hampshire priest
By
Posted 10:08AM on Monday, November 18, 2002
MANCHESTER, N.H. - A Georgia man who accuses a New Hampshire priest of abusing him for years says he wants more than money from the Roman Catholic Diocese of Manchester.<br>
<br>
Former Keene resident Dennis Horion said the Rev. Francis Talbot molested him repeatedly from 1959 to 1964, starting when he was about 7 years old.<br>
<br>
Talbot was on a list of priests accused of sexually molesting children that the diocese released last year. He faces several civil lawsuits.<br>
<br>
Horion, who now lives in Atlanta, told The Union Leader the diocese should pay damages to victims, but he also wants church officials to fully disclose the archdiocese's finances, including how much it has paid to fight the victims' claims.<br>
<br>
He also wants abusive priests removed from the priesthood, not just from ministry, and says Bishop John McCormack should resign.<br>