The year of Kevin Harvick continued Saturday as the driver ran to his second all-star victory and sixth overall win of the NASCAR season. Now, both NASCAR and Indy Car drivers, turn their attentions to arguably the biggest racing weekend of the year as the Coca-Cola 600 is run at Charlotte and the Indianapolis 500 runs at the Brickyard. You can listen to both races on WDUN and streaming on AccessWDUN, starting with the Indy 500 at noon Sunday on FM102.9 and continuing on simulcast starting at 1 p.m. on AM550. NASCAR Cup Series' Coca-Cola 600 will broadcast starting at 5 p.m. Sunday on both AM550 and FM102.9 WDUN.
In this week's edition of the Hard Left Turn podcast, Around the Track editor Brandon Reed (@brandon_reed32) and Katie B. Davis (@ktbdavis) discuss:
- Is Harvick's win in the all-star race a foreshadowing of things to come when the cars head back to Charlotte this weekend?
- Thoughts on the new rules package in place for the all-star race
- Is the fan vote - which allowed Chase Elliott to race in the all-star race this season - a viable way to qualify for a race?
- The biggest surprises from the weekend at the Brickyard (hint: it's not Ed Carpenter as pole sitter or Danica Patrick qualifying to start seventh)
- A preview (with a couple of predictions) for the Coca-Cola 600 and Indianapolis 500