No one was injured in a Barrow County garage fire Wednesday afternoon, but the structure and its contents were deemed a total loss.
Barrow County Emergency Services responded to the fire in the 2300 block of Hartley Ct. in Statham around 3:45 p.m., according to a release from the department.
Crews had multiple calls on the fire and responders found the 40 x 40 detached garage fully involved and the fire spreading to grass and woods.
Due to the lawnmowers, tools and equipment in the garage, crews used fire foam to help extinguish the fire.
The homeowner was not home at the time of the fire. The cause hasn't been determined.