clear
Tuesday October 17th, 2017 10:09PM

Fire damages Gainesville home, no injuries reported

By Brian Stewart Reporter

A fire did approximately $5,000 worth of damage to a Gainesville home Tuesday afternoon, and officials said no injuries have been reported.

It broke out around 1:30 p.m. on Hunter Street, but by the time firefighters arrived on scene, it had already been extinguished by the homeowner, according to Keith Smith, Gainesville Fire Division Chief.

The fire was sparked by "unattended cooking," Smith said in an email.

There was "light smoke showing" from the fire.

  • Associated Categories: Local/State News, Georgia News
  • Associated Tags: gainesville, fire, hall county, Gainesville Fire Department
© Copyright 2017 AccessWDUN.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.