Week 9 of the high school football season had some suprise wins and losses, along with a lot of region reshuffling and more games that went a long way toward defining the true colors of the playoff picture.
In this edition of the Prep Talk podcast, AccessWDUN sports editor Morgan Lee and Katie B. discuss:
Beginning of show: A deeper look at the week's biggest suprises
- Gainesville plays the game of its season in a win over previously unbeaten Winder-Barrow
- Jefferson loses a game and its region lead to St. Pius
- Mountain View hands Mill Creek its (unheard of these days) second region loss
12:30-minute mark: White County earns its first playoff bid since 2014 with a win against Chestatee
- How has Tim Cokely changed the program?
- Morgan discusses the play of J. Ben Haynes and Kaleb Crane
17-minute mark: A dicussion of Dawson County and East Hall, two teams that played the most competitive (and the most penalty-riddled) game of the season
26:30-minute mark: A look ahead to Week 10, specifically the following matchups
- West Hall at White County
- North Hall at East Hall
- Apalachee at Gainesville
- Jefferson at Stephens County
- Winder-Barrow at Habersham Central
- Lakeview at Towns County
The games featured this week on air include West Hall at White County on AM550, North Hall at East Hall on FM102.9 and Apalachee at Gainesville on 1240 ESPN Radio. Friday Game Night coverage kicks off at 6:07 with The Tailgate Show presented by Carriage Auto Group on AM550 and FM102.9 WDUN. All programming can be found streaming online at AccessWDUN.com or WDUN.com.
The Prep Talk podcast records every Wednesday from Jacobs Media on Thompson Bridge Road in Gainesville. Have a question or a segment suggestion? Tweet @gameonktb or send an email to email@example.com. Make sure you're following Game On with Katie B. Davis on Facebook as the show goes the way of Facebook Live starting soon. To stay up to speed on all things prep sports, follow @AccessNGASports on Twitter, and for football specifically, follow @FridayGameNight.