partlycloudy
Thursday August 25th, 2016 2:26PM

Gainesville house fire likely sparked by burning candle

By Staff
GAINESVILLE - Gainesville fire crews responded to a fire on Luna Lane Sunday morning.

According to Gainesville Fire Division Chief Keith Smith, the fire occurred at a residence on Luna Lane just after 1 a.m. Upon arrival, firefighters found smoke showing from the home. Smith said the residents said they came home to find a fire in the living room. He said the fire was thought to have been extinguished by a resident.

Also, crews discovered fire in the wall of the home, and quickly extinguished it. Smith said the occupants, two adults and one child, are staying with friends until repairs can be made to the home.

Smith said it's believed a candle left lit caused the fire.
© Copyright 2016 AccessWDUN.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.