HARTWELL - A spokesman for the State Insurance and Fire Safety Commissioner's Office has confirmed the death of a two-year-old in a mobile home fire in Hart County Sunday.
Glen Allen said Monday four other people in the mobile home - an adult male, an adult female and two young children - were taken to the Burn Center in Augusta with injuries.
He said the fire apparently started when combustibles were left too close to a space heater.
Allen identified the dead child as Damion Westly Reddick. Injured in the fire were the toddler's mother, Lamanda Paige Reddick, 25, her boyfriend Jacob Wayne Graham, 36, and two young boys, Jacob Graham, Jr., 8 and Noah Reddick, 6.
Local authorities said the fire broke out around 7 a.m. Sunday.