clear
Wednesday August 31st, 2016 3:58AM

East Hall family loses home to overnight fire

By B.J. Williams News Director
GAINESVILLE - A family in eastern Hall County was displaced by an overnight fire at their home on Coker Road.

Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle said most of the mobile home was already engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived at the scene just before 12:15 a.m.. The occupants of the home were already outside and had tried to extinguish the fire with a garden hose, according to Cagle.

Cagle said it appears the fire started in the backyard where the people living in the home had run a wire from an outside junction box to an extension cord to a space heater. The cord shorted out and sparked several fires outdoors, which spread to the mobile home.

Cagle said the occupants will stay with family and friends.

No one was injured.




© Copyright 2016 AccessWDUN.com
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.