Several students from North Georgia schools were chosen to be a part of the Georgia Department of Education’s 2020-21 Student Advisory Council.
The Student Advisory Council meets with State School Superintendent Richard Woods throughout the school year to discuss the impact of state policies in the classroom. 64 middle and high school students from across the state were selected to be a part of the council this year from a pool of more than 1,400 applicants. The council includes representation from every Regional Educational Service Agency (RESA) district in Georgia.
The first meeting of the 2020-21 Student Advisory Council will occur virtually in November.
"Now more than ever, it is essential that I receive feedback directly from students on their educational experience," Woods said in a statement Thursday. “My Student Advisory Council has been an invaluable part of my decision-making process for the last six years, and I am looking forward to meeting with the 2020-21 Council soon."
The following students from North Georgia were chosen to be a part of this year's Student Advisory Council:
- Annsley Anglin, Dawson County High School
- Ethan D. Callihan, Gilmer High School
- Nadia Jones, Norcross High School
- Kennedy Odiboh, Shiloh High School
- Ege “AJ” Keskin, Habersham Central High School
- Carolina Orduno, Chestatee High School
- Kellen Salom, Jackson County Comprehensive High School
- Navy Whitfield Ott, Stephens County High School