Filing an extension on your taxes is free

By Bill Wilson Reporter
Posted 6:00AM on Monday 15th April 2019 ( 3 months ago )

It's April 15th; the deadline to file your taxes, but if you're not able to finish it all up Monday you can file for an extension.
The Internal Revenue System allows you to file the extension for free using IRS form 4868 and it gives you an extra 6 months to get your taxes filed.
It does not mean you won't need to pay any taxes owed and that only applies to your federal return.
You'll need to file a separate extension for your state taxes.

© Copyright 2015 All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.