"The investigation has revealed that this was an accidental fire," said Glenn Allen, spokesman for the State Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner's Office.
Allen said for an unknown reason Betty Jean Fortner, 46, of Cleveland was carrying gasoline inside the vehicle, and fumes from the gas had built up inside the car.
"Investigators discovered that there were several non-approved gasoline cans inside of the vehicle," said Allen. "Those cans obviously leaked vapors."
Allen said investigators believe some sort of spark or electrical arc ignited the vapors, although he said they could not determine the exact origin of the spark. Allen said it appeared Fortner was returning home from a gas station at the time of the fire in the driveway of her residence on Duncan Bridge Road.
Allen said investigators did not find any indication of anything suspicious about the fire.