cloudy.png
Thursday August 18th, 2022 4:19PM

'Goodfellas' co-stars, many others pay tribute to Ray Liotta

Reactions to the death of “Goodfellas” star Ray Liotta:

“I’m absolutely shocked and devastated by the sudden, unexpected death of Ray Liotta. He was so uniquely gifted, so adventurous, so courageous as an actor. Playing Henry Hill in Good Fellas was a tall order, because the character had so many different facets, so many complicated layers, and Ray was in almost every scene of a long, tough shoot. He absolutely amazed me, and I’ll always be proud of the work we did together on that picture.” —Director Martin Scorsese in a statement.

"I am utterly shattered to hear this terrible news about my Ray. I can be anywhere in the world & people will come up & tell me their favorite movie is Goodfellas. Then they always ask what was the best part of making that movie. My response has always been the same…Ray Liotta." — Lorraine Bracco, who played Liotta's wife in “Goodfellas,” via Twitter.

“I was very saddened to learn of Ray’s passing. He is way too way young to have left us.” — Robert De Niro, in a statement.

“Devastated to hear the news of Ray Liotta’s passing. While he leaves an incredible legacy, he’ll always be ‘Shoeless Joe Jackson’ in my heart. What happened that moment in the film was real. God gave us that stunt. Now God has Ray.” — Kevin Costner on Twitter. He included a clip from the film of Liotta hitting a home run off him.

“I can’t believe Ray Liotta has passed away. He was such a lovely, talented and hilarious person. Working with him was one of the great joys of my career and we made some of my favorite scenes I ever got to be in. A true legend of immense skill and grace.” — Seth Rogen, who worked with Liotta on 2009's “Observe and Report," via Twitter.

“Ray Liotta has died. What a gentle human. His work as an actor showed his complexity as a human. A beautiful artist. We made the lovely film, Dominic and Eugene in 1986. Sad news.” — Jamie Lee Curtis on Instagram.

“I feel so lucky to have squared off against this legend in one of his final roles. The scenes we did together were among the all time highlights of my acting career. He was dangerous, unpredictable, hilarious, and generous with his praise for other actors. Too soon.” — Actor Alessandro Nivola, star of “The Many Saints of Newark,” one of Liotta's final films.

"This is a massive, unexpected shock. I have been an admirer of Ray’s work since I saw him in ‘Something Wild,’ a movie he wrenched by the tail. I was so glad he worked on ‘The Many Saints of Newark’... Ray was also a very warm and humorous person. A really superior actor. We all felt we lucked out having him on that movie." — “Many Saints of Newark” director and “Sopranos” creator David Chase, in a statement.

“Ray Liotta. Man. Just met dude for the first time last year. GREAT actor. Nice to have had a chance to say that to him.” —Actor Jeffrey Wright, via Twitter.

• Associated Categories: Associated Press (AP), AP Entertainment, APOnline Celebrity News
© Copyright 2022 AccessWDUN.com
Russia slams sanctions, seeks to blame West for food crisis
Russia is pressing the West to lift sanctions over the war in Ukraine, seeking to shift the blame for a growing food crisis
3:52PM ( 1 minute ago )
Ray Liotta, 'Goodfellas' and 'Field of Dreams' star, dies
Ray Liotta, the actor best known for playing mobster Henry Hill in “Goodfellas” and baseball player Shoeless Joe Jackson in “Field of Dreams,” has died
At surprise-filled French Open, tennis prodigy makes good
The surprising results in the women's draw at the French Open keep piling up and now only three of the top 10 women's seeds are still in the field before the third round has even started
Kevin Spacey charged in UK with 4 counts of sexual assault
British prosecutors have charged actor Kevin Spacey with four counts of sexual assault against three men
A look at Queen Elizabeth II's style through the decades
Queen Elizabeth II just might have the hardest working wardrobe on the planet
Amber Heard ends testimony asking Depp to 'leave me alone'
Amber Heard told jurors that a harassment campaign waged against her by ex-husband Johnny Depp has left her humiliated and scared for her life from multiple death threats, and said she just wants Depp to "leave me alone.”
AP Entertainment
Depp retakes witness stand, calls Heard's allegations insane
Johnny Depp called his ex-wife’s accusations of sexual and physical abuse “insane” as he returned to the witness stand in his libel suit against Amber Heard
UK's Johnson faulted for lockdown parties but won't quit
An investigative report blames British Prime Minister Boris Johnson and other senior leaders for allowing boozy government parties that broke the U.K.’s COVID-19 lockdown rules
Steven Tyler enters treatment, Aerosmith cancels shows
Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler has voluntarily entered a rehabilitation program, forcing the Boston-based rock band to cancel the first portion of its upcoming Las Vegas residency
10:45AM ( 1 day ago )
APOnline Celebrity News
At surprise-filled French Open, tennis prodigy makes good
Police: Texas gunman walked through apparently unlocked door
A Texas law enforcement officials says the 18-year-old gunman who killed 21 people at an elementary school walked in unimpeded through an apparently unlocked door
Daughter and her best friends "are all gone now,' dad says
Jacklyn Cazares hadn’t yet reached her 10th birthday, but her father described her as a tough-minded “firecracker” always looking to help people in need
Adapting Denis Johnson, Claire Denis debuts 'Stars at Noon'
Just days removed from finishing her latest film and hours after arriving in Cannes, Claire Denis sits down in a poolside hotel restaurant and warmly pronounces herself “a mess.”
Celtics head home looking to close out top-seeded Heat
The Celtics' confidence is high after seizing a 3-2 Eastern Conference finals lead over top seed Miami