Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. WHY FBI, TRUMP ARE FIGHTING, AGAIN
The agency declares it has "grave concerns" about the accuracy of a classified memo on the Russia investigation that the president wants released.
2. HOW TRUMP'S SPEECH FURTHER MUDDIES IMMIGRATION DEBATE
The standoff between GOP and Democratic lawmakers gets further entrenched after the president asserts that "open borders have allowed drugs and gangs to pour into" the U.S.
3. 'YOU WERE MY DOCTOR... WHAT YOU DID TO ME WAS TWISTED.'
Jessica Thomashow, 17, is among another wave of victims confronting disgraced USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar, accused of sexual abuse charges numbering in the hundreds.
4. TRAIN CARRYING GOP LAWMAKERS SLAMS INTO GARBAGE TRUCK
While no serious injuries were reported aboard the chartered Amtrak train, one person in the vehicle died.
5. IN AP INTERVIEW, ROSE MCGOWAN RIPS WEINSTEIN
A new book by the activist and former actress includes a graphic account of being assaulted by the movie producer, whom she calls "the monster."
6. FED LEAVES RATES UNCHANGED
In Janet Yellen's final meeting as chair, The Federal Reserve keeps its benchmark interest rate in a still-low range of 1.25 percent to 1.5 percent.
7. WHAT CELESTIAL EVENT AWES AND WOWS SKY-GAZERS
A rare lunar cosmic show: a red "blue moon," super big and super bright.
8. CALIF. WILDFIRE INSURANCE CLAIMS SET RECORD
Claims hit $11.8 billion for the combined fires last in October and December 2017, making them the most expensive blazes in state history.
9. STATES JOIN FORCES TO KEEP ASIAN CARP OUT OF GREAT LAKES
Invasive carp threaten to enter the lakes, where scientists say they could out-compete native species and upend a $7 billion fishing industry.
10. S. KOREA ADOPTEES RETURN TO THEIR BIRTH COUNTRY FOR WINTER OLYMPICS
That such orphans are now successful enough to afford an elite experience like the Olympic Games has surprised some of the locals in a patriarchal society where adoption is taboo.