SENOIA, Ga. - Cruz Skinner braved the rainy forecast and made it pay off with a victory in Saturday night’s Limited Late Model feature at Georgia’s Senoia Raceway.
The win was worth $1,000 to the 17-year-old Alabama speedster.
Skinner was fastest in qualifying, and then held off a brief challenge from veteran Clint Smith to snare the lead. Skinner was in command when the rain began to fall, forcing race officials to cut the race short, giving Skinner his second straight feature victory.
Dennis Hale finished in second, with Smith third, Oliver Gentry in fourth and Bailey Williams in fifth.
In earlier action, Smith drove to the lead of the Crate Late Model feature from the sixth starting spot, and went on to score his second straight feature win, and the $1,000 winner’s payday for the division on the night. Ashton Winger finished in second, with Michael Page in third, Jamie Maurice in fourth and Dylan Knowles in fifth.
Wiley McDaniel held off brother Brandon McDaniel to take the Late Model Sportsman feature victory. Tyler Sanders finished in third, followed by Jamie Nicholson, Jr. in fourth and Keith Fields in fifth.
Joe Hillman appeared to be on his way to the win in the Hobby feature, but Blake Harmon made a pass in the low groove in turn three. The two made contact, sending both spinning with five laps to go.
That moved Harmon’s father, Tim Harmon, to the lead, and he made the most of it, as he drove to the win in his first Hobby feature race. Hillman would recover to finish in second, with Blake Harmon third, Brandon Henderson fourth and Larry Bednar in fifth.
Dunie Dillard took top honors in the Bombers feature, with Abe Chase, Larry Pierce, Shannon Stephens and John Holcomb rounding out the top five.
Shannon Ethridge was the winner in the Mini Stock feature. Bobby Faulkner finished in second, followed by Todd Brewster in third, Jeff Dean in fourth and Gary Parker in fifth.
The Hot Shots feature race was the only scheduled event to not beat out Mother Nature. Their feature race will be made up on Saturday, March 31.
Action continues at Senoia Raceway on Saturday, March 17 with the Shamrock St. Paddy’s Day Special. For more information, visit SenoiaRaceway.com.
Senoia Raceway – Senoia, GA
Race Results – March 10, 2018
Limited Late Models
1. Cruz Skinner – Oxford, AL
2. Dennis Hale – LaGrange, GA
3. Clint Smith – Senoia, GA
4. Oliver Gentry – Newnan, GA
5. Bailey Williams – Fayetteville, GA
6. Christian Hanger – Winchester, TN
7. Dalton Polston – Lithia Springs, GA
8. Justin Hammett – Zebulon, GA
9. Corey Payton – Newnan, GA
10. Dalton Cook – Columbus, GA
11. Glenn Morris – Fayetteville, GA
DNS: Jaques Daniel – Cartersville, GA
Crate Late Models
1. Clint Smith – Senoia, GA
2. Ashton Winger – Senoia, GA
3. Michael Page – Winston, GA
4. Jamie Maurice – McDonough, GA
5. Dylan Knowles – Lannett, AL
6. Wayne Harbin – Sharpsburg, GA
7. Dow Kirkland – Lake Spivey, GA
8. Travis Price – Oxford, GA
9. Chris Carr – Newnan, GA
10. Tina Johnson – Senoia, GA
11. Marty Massey – Winston, GA
Late Model Sportsman
1. Wiley McDaniel – Byron, GA
2. Brandon McDaniel – Byron, GA
3. Tyler Sanders – Dublin, GA
4. Jamie Nicholson, Jr. – Locust Grove, GA
5. Keith Fields – Griffin, GA
6. Jason Turner
7. Jack Mills – Griffin, GA
8. Drew Larson – Marietta, GA
9. Dave McWilliams – Brooks, GA
10. Ty Ellis – Covington, GA
11. Payton Stevenson – Locust Grove, GA
DNS: Dylan Knowles – Lannett, AL
1. Tim Harmon – Conyers, GA
2. Joe Hillman – Villa Rica, GA
3. Blake Harmon – Mansfield, GA
4. Brandon Henderson – Senoia, GA
5. Larry Bednar – Locust Grove, GA
6. Keith West – Mableton, GA
1. Dunie Dillard – Phenix City, AL
2. Abe Chase – Valley, AL
3. Larry Pierce – Griffin, GA
4. Shannon Stephens – Franklin, GA
5. John Holcomb – Griffin, GA
6. Bud Roland
DNS: McKenna Nelms – Newnan, GA
DNS: Curtis Turner – Brooks, GA
1. Shannon Ethridge – Carnesville, GA
2. Bobby Faulkner – Newnan, GA
3. Todd Brewster – Villa Rica, GA
4. Jeff Dean – Helena, AL
5. Gary Parker – Barnesville, GA
DNS: Tommy Faulkner – Newnan, GA
DNS: Jamie Nicholson, Sr. – Locust Grove, GA