Each week Brandon Reed, editor of the Around the Track page and race historian, and Katie B. Davis discuss the latest happenings in the world of motorsports.
In the Sept. 5 edition of the Hard Left Turn podcast, Brandon and Katie B. look back at the Southern 500 and ahead to the final regular season race of the NASCAR season:
- Brandon't experience at the Southern 500 and getting to ride with NASCAR Hall of Famer Mark Martin
- 3:15: How the heck did Denny Hamlin miss the pit road entrance at such a crucial time?
- 6:15: What was Hamlin's in-race strategy and how did it help the late-race mistake from being catastrophic
- 10:00: Lady Luck decided to diss the Lady in Black, and Martin Truex Jr., on Sunday
- 11:30: Did Truex lock up a spot in the playoff finale at Homestead by winning the Monster Energy Cup Series regular season title?
- 14:50: The weekend's favorite paint scheme and NASCAR drivers, fans and media alike embracing the retro tradition at Darlington
- 19:40: A look ahead to the Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond Raceway; it's a must-win for most of the drivers
You can listen to the Federated Auto Parts 400, and all other Xfinity and Monster Energy Cup races, on AM550 and FM102.9 WDUN and streaming on AccessWDUN. For up-to-the-minute motorsports information, follow @WDUNRacing on Twitter and log on to the Around the Track page for complete coverage.