Northeast Georgia's prep football teams are wrapping up their spring football sessions over the next two weeks.
Several programs, including Buford, Jefferson, and East Jackson, sport new head coaches and have spent the time implementing new systems and getting to know each other.
Many will conclude the period with spring scrimmage games. A new wrinkle this season is that teams are now allowed to scrimmage other programs instead of simply conducting intra-squad games -- though some programs have opted to continue that tradition. The new rule by the Georgia High School Association has made for some interesting spring matchups.
Admission charges, if any, to games is handled by each individual school.
Below is a list of the spring games over the next two weeks involving area teams (admission prices and kickoff times listed where made available).
Thursday, May 11
- North Oconee at Apalachee, 6:30 p.m., admission $5 (tickets enter raffle for Yeti cooler)
- Banks County intra-squad scrimmage, 6 p.m.
Friday, May 12
- Johnson at Hephzibah, 7:30 p.m.
- Lakeside-Atlanta at Jefferson, 6 p.m. (moved up from 7:30 p.m.), admission $5
Saturday, May 13
- Habersham Central at Hart County, admission $5
- Jackson County at Winder-Barrow, 7:30 p.m., admission $5 (moved from Friday)
Monday, May 15
- Stephens County at Gainesville, 6 p.m., admission $5 (moved fro Friday)
- White County (intrasquad), 6 p.m. (moved from Friday)
Friday, May 19
- Lanier at North Gwinnett, 7 p.m., admission $5
- Houston County at Buford, 6 p.m.
- North Hall at West Hall, 7 p.m., admission $7 (moved from Friday, May 12)
- Rabun County at Fannin County, 7:30 p.m.
- Union County at Chestatee, 7 p.m., admission $5
Saturday, May 20
- East Hall at Hampton High, 7 p.m., admission free