HAMPTON, Ga. - The 2017 Winter Flurry Legends and Bandolero racing series wrapped up with its fifth and final week Saturday afternoon, as drivers tackled the infield road course at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
In the combined Pro/Masters division feature, Dylan Murry sat on the pole and led the field through the race’s first lap. Fellow Pro division driver Rafe Slate, who was never more than two car lengths behind Murry through the first half of the race, briefly snagged the lead from Murry on the second lap as the pair sped down a long straightaway on the back half of the course. But Murry reclaimed the lead less than a lap later and never trailed the rest of the way through the eight-lap feature.
Ultimately, Slate would finish third, behind Murry and runner-up Dawson Fletcher as the Pro drivers swept the podium
After winning the pole and leading the first three laps of the combined Semi-Pro/Young Lions Division feature, Connor Younginer saw his lead slip away on the fourth lap, when Hunter Johnson got around him on the frontstretch with an impressive burst of speed.
From there, Johnson hung-on to the top spot the rest of the way and finished first in front of Clay Thompson and Ryan Rackley.
In the combined Bandits and Outlaws Division feature, Kenny Brady and Blaise Maddox each started on the front row and ran door-to-door through the first handful of turns on the winding road course. But as the pair entered the first 90-degree turn, contact between them sent both spinning, resulting in a caution and sending them to the rear of the field.
On the ensuing restart, Nathan Jackson took the lead and led for three straight laps, but as the leaders crossed the line at the race’s halfway point, Blaze Crawford overtook Jackson for the lead and stayed there for the remaining four laps to seal off the win.
Jackson held on to finish second, with Michael Gannon in third.
Mason Maggio led the Rookie Bandolero division feature from the pole and opened up a substantial lead over the course of the eight-lap race to easily claim the checkered flag.
Clem Denton finished in second, with Cole McKeehan third and Bailey North in fourth.
Atlanta Motor Speedway’s offseason Legends and Bandolero racing returns on Saturday, January 13 for Week 1 of the 2018 Furious Five Series. For more information, visit AtlantaMotorSpeedway.com.
Atlanta Motor Speedway – Hampton, GA
Race Results – November 2, 2017
1. Dylan Murry – Cumming, GA
2. Dawson Fletcher – Canton, GA
3. Rafe Slate – Eatonton, GA
1. Robbie Woodall – McDonough, GA
2. Tony Armbruster – Covington, GA
3. Wade Brewer – Hampton, GA
4. Dennis Hecht – Hoschton, GA
5. Clay Lee – Waycross, GA
6. DNF Barry Bowen – Jackson Lake, GA
1. Tyler Streetman
2. DNF Connor Younginer – Stockbridge, GA
3. DNF Brandon Collins – Hampton, GA
4. DNF Jessie Thomas – Braselton, GA
5. DNF Trey Tadrzak – Stockbridge, GA
6. DNF Nick Woodall – McDonough, GA
1. Hunter Johnson – Hampton, GA
2. Clay Thompson – Bowersville, GA
3. Ryan Rackley – Valdosta, GA
4. Cale Hall – Griffin, GA
5. Annabelle Mohwish – Cumming, GA
6. Nathan Jackson – McDonough, GA
7. DNF Timothy Watson – Panama City, FL
1. Blaze Crawford – Fayetteville, GA
2. Nathan Jackson – McDonough, GA
3. Michael Gannon – Canton, GA
4. Blaise Maddox – Locust Grove, GA
5. Max Brady – Marietta, GA
6. Keaton Hendrix – Homerville, GA
7. Kenny Brady – Marietta, GA
8. Daniel Clemm – Kathleen, GA
DNS: Ashton Whitener – Monticello, GA
1. Kenneth Henderson – Alto, GA
2. Justin Campbell – Griffin, GA
3. Max Hennebaul – Monroe, GA
4. Lucas Ruark – Suwanee, GA
5. Matthew Kade – Hampton, GA
DNS: Kelley Puckett – McDonough, GA
DNS: Ryan Younginer – Stockbridge, GA
1. Mason Maggio – Palm Beach Gardens, FL
2. Cole McKeehan – Winder, GA
3. Denton Clem – Kathleen, GA
4. Bailey North – McDonough, GA