BLUE RIDGE, Ga. - Donald McIntosh made his first trip to Georgia’s Blue Ridge Motorsports Park a profitable one, as he scored the Schaeffer’s Oil Southern Nationals Bonus Series victory at the speedway Saturday night.
The win was the second of the year on the series for the Dawsonville, Georgia driver, giving him a $4,000 payday in the process.
Ray Cook took the lead at the start of the 40-lap feature, with Kurt English and McIntosh giving chase. The first caution of the event would fly on lap two when Kip Cochran made contact with the outside retaining wall in turn one to slow the action.
The restart would see Cook maintain the lead, while McIntosh would work past English for the second position. McIntosh would immediately begin to challenge Cook for the lead on lap three. The pair would race side-by-side for the top spot until McIntosh finally took the lead on lap seven. The caution flew again on lap 18 for the showing car of Danny Ledford.
The restart would see McIntosh motor away from the pack, while Kurt English took second place from Cook. Caution would wave again on lap 26 when George Mashburn made contact with the turn four wall.
The caution flew again on lap 26 when Tim Rucker spun in turn four, and the attempted restart would also see a caution fly as Craig Greer would spun in turn four.
There would be more trouble on the next restart, when Johnny Chastain, Jeremy Ledford, and Greer tangled entering turn three. The next attempted restart would see disaster strike second-place running Shawn Chastain as he would lose a right-front tire collecting, Seth Wimpey, Joey Standridge, Tim Rucker, and Greer in turn one, bringing out the red flag to allow for cleanup.
Back under green, McIntosh would drive away to score the win, with Kurt English in second, J.T. Seawright in third, Cook in fourth and David Payne in fifth.
The Schaeffer’s Oil Southern Nationals Bonus Series returns to action on Saturday, October 28 at Georgia’s Senoia Raceway.
For more information, visit SouthernNationalsSeries.com.
Schaeffer’s Oil Southern Nationals Bonus Series
Blue Ridge Motorsports Park – Blue Ridge, GA
Race Results – October 21, 2017
1. Donald McIntosh – Dawsonville, GA
2. Kurt English – Murphy, NC
3. J.T. Seawright – Fort Payne, AL
4. Ray Cook – Brasstown, NC
5. David Payne – Murphy, NC
6. Gary McPherson – Dalton, GA
7. Kenny Collins – Colbert, GA
8. George Mashburn – Murphy, NC
9. Seth Wimpey – Blue Ridge, GA
10. Jeff Neubert – Rockford, TN
11. Joey Standridge – Telico Plains, TN
12. Craig Greer – Cleveland, TN
13. Shawn Chastain – Murphy, NC
14. Johnny Chastain – Murphy, NC
15. Jason Croft – Woodstock, GA
16. Jeremy Ledford – Cleveland, GA
17. Tim Rucker – Madisonville, TN
18. Steve Smith – Powell, TN
19. Danny Ledford – Warne, NC
20. Benjy Shaw – Telico Plains, TN
21. Kip Cochran – Franklin, NC
22. Jamie Oliver – Murphy, NC