NEW YORK (AP) — The Latest on sexual harassment allegations against Harvey Weinstein (all times local):
New York City police detectives are taking a fresh look into sexual assault allegations against Harvey Weinstein.
Police spokesman Peter Donald said Thursday that investigators are reviewing police files to see if any women previously reported being assaulted or harassed by the media mogul.
So far, no past complaints have been found, other than one well-known case that prompted an investigation in 2015.
The department is also encouraging anyone with information to come forward.
A law enforcement official says detectives also plan to contact women who spoke about their encounters with Weinstein in a New Yorker article this week.
The official wasn't authorized to speak publicly on an ongoing probe and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.
Weinstein has denied any nonconsensual sexual conduct with any women.
Rose McGowan's Twitter account has been suspended, temporarily muting a central figure in the allegations against Harvey Weinstein.
McGowan says that Twitter had suspended her from tweeting after the social media company said she broke its rules. On her Instagram account, McGowan says "there are powerful forces at work" and pleads for others to "be my voice."
Representatives for Twitter declined to comment Thursday.
The New York Times earlier reported that McGowan was among the numerous women sexually harassed by Weinstein, who paid McGowan a financial settlement in 1997. McGowan on Tuesday tweeted "now I am allowed to say rapist."
McGowan also recently called Ben Affleck "a liar" on Twitter and suggested the actor knew about Weinstein's conduct. Representatives for Affleck haven't responded to messages regarding that allegation.
Film mogul Harvey Weinstein says he's "not doing OK" in a video posted on TMZ, but he is hoping for a "second chance" amid the fallout surrounding allegations of widespread sexual abuse.
Weinstein spoke in front of media Wednesday as he emerged from a Los Angeles home and got into a vehicle.
In remarks captured on video, he says he needs to "get help" and "we all make mistakes."
He concludes with an obscenity-laced remark.
Cannes film festival officials say they have been "dismayed" to learn about the accusations of sexual violence against Hollywood film producer Harvey Weinstein.
Pierre Lescure, the festival president, and general delegate Thierry Fremaux, wrote in a joint statement: "These actions point to a pattern of behavior that merits only the clearest and most unequivocal condemnation."
Weinstein attended the world-famous festival many times and several movies he produced have been selected in the competition.
"Our thoughts go out to the victims, to those who have had the courage to testify and to all the others," Fremaux and Lescure said. "May this case help us once again to denounce all such serious and unacceptable practices."
The Harvey Weinstein sex abuse scandal has entangled a former president, a former presidential candidate and now a former presidential adviser.
Steve Bannon, the former Trump White House chief strategist and current head of Breitbart News, is the latest politico touched by the scandal.
Bannon, whose website has hammered Democrats for accepting Weinstein's political donations, himself profited from a relationship with the movie mogul, in an ill-fated joint venture more than a decade ago. Bannon served as chairman of a small company that distributed DVDs and home videos, and went into business in 2005 with The Weinstein Co., led by Harvey Weinstein and his brother Bob.