The Georgia High School Association gave approval to schools that may be impacted by impending winter weather to move sporting events provided both schools involved agree to the change.
As of Friday morning, the following events have been altered or postponed: (NOTE: Events listed alphabetically, in bold)
- The Area 4-A Duals wrestling tournament will be held at St. Francis and will be held all day on Friday beginning at 10:30 a.m.
- The Area 4-AA Duals wrestling tournament will be held at Elbert County and will be held all day on Friday beginning at 1 p.m.
- The Area 4-AAA Duals wrestling tournament, scheduled for Friday and Saturday at Dawson County, has been moved to Monday (Jan. 9) and Tuesday (Jan. 10) also at Dawson County. The schedule for each day has not yet been provided.
- The Area 7-AAAA wrestling tournament at Chestatee has been moved to Tuesday. No word yet on a start time.
- The Area 8-AAAAA wrestling tournament has been changed to a one-day event on Friday beginning at 9 a.m. at Walnut Grove High School.
- The Area 8-AAAAAA Duals wrestling tournament has been postponted. Wrestling has been moved to Monday (Jan. 9) at Gainesville High.
- (UPDATE) Buford basketball's Saturday game against North Oconee in Buford have been postponed, make-up date to be determined.
- Chestatee basketball games against Marist, scheduled for Friday, took place on Thursday.
- Chestatee swim team's meet at Frances Meadows has been postponed. Make-up date to be determined.
- (UPDATE) The Dawson County at East Hall basketball games scheduled for Friday have been postponed to Jan. 14 (they were originally moved up but have since been moved to a different date).
- Flowery Branch basketball games on Friday at Clarke Central in Athens have been moved up to a 5 p.m. tip for the girls and a 6:30 p.m. tip for the boys. No word yet on the Falcons' scheduled games against Mill Creek on Saturday.
- (UPDATE) Gainesville's basketball games on Friday at Dacula have been postponed and reschedule for Saturday, Jan. 28 and also ALL Saturday sporting events, including basketball games against Habersham Central and the Area 8-AAAAAA Duals wrestling tournament, have been postponted. Wrestling has been moved to Monday (Jan. 9) at GHS. Basketball will host Habersham on Thursday (Jan. 12).
- Johnson basketball's Friday game with Loganville has been postponed. Make-up date to be determined.
- (UPDATE) Lakeview Academy basketball games scheduled for this weekend have been postponed. The Lions were to face host Tallulah Falls School on Friday and travel to Prince Avenue Christian on Saturday. Make-up dates to be determined.
- Rabun County basketball's Friday night home games versus Monticello have been postponed to Jan. 24.
- The Union County at Lumpkin County basketball games, scheduled for Friday, have been postponed, make-up date to be determined.
- (UPDATE) West Hall basketball games against Marist, already rescheduled for Friday (original date, Jan 7), have been now been postponed. The games will now take place on Jan. 28.
The Truett McConnell baseball team's showcase on Saturday has been cancelled. The Bears' basketball doubleheader with Reinhardt is still scheduled for 2 p.m. Saturday.
NOTE: We will update this story with any more changes as we receive them.